Petroleum landman Tracey Stock honoured at APEGA Summit Awards – Community Service Award
Advocating for disadvantaged Calgarians and empowering local youth are just two ways that Tracey Stock, P.Eng., PhD, has positively affected his community over the past four decades. President of Ares Engineering, Stock is a professional engineer, lawyer, petroleum landman, and chartered manager focused on the upstream oil and gas industry, construction, health services, and education.
Stock has given more than 100,000 hours of volunteer service to various non-profit organizations, demonstrating his long-term commitment to the community and to helping others. This commitment began 45 years ago, as a section leader with Scouts Canada for Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, and Rovers. This included several national, award-winning expeditions to remote regions of Yukon and Nunavut. Today, he holds senior volunteer and executive roles with local and national councils and foundations.
For decades, Dr. Stock has been a program advisor with the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award in Alberta. This program gives youth an opportunity to grow through community service, physical fitness, outdoor adventure, and skill development.
He has volunteered with Calgary Legal Guidance for almost 30 years, providing free legal advice to those in need. Over the past 43 years, he has made more than 625 blood, plasma, and platelet donations to Canadian Blood Services. He volunteered for several decades in the Calgary Food Bank warehouse and as a volunteer instructor with St. John Ambulance.
His service to his professional community spans nearly 30 years and includes volunteering for APEGA statutory committees and other professional associations. Dr. Stock also shares his expertise teaching at the University of Calgary, Mount Royal University, and SAIT, as well as for APEGA and other professional associations.
Awards and Distinctions
• Outstanding Teaching Performance Award, Schulich School of Engineering, University of Calgary (2015)
• Bar to The Silver Acorn, Scouts Canada (2014)
• Distinguished Service Award, Calgary Legal Guidance (2009; 2014)
• Outstanding volunteer, Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administration (2013)
• Gold Award and Service Award, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Canada (1976; 1990)
Professional Affiliations and Activities
• Member, APEGS (2016–present)
• Member, Canadian Bar Association (2011–present)
• Member, PEO (2009–present)
• President, Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administration (2016–present); member (2007–present)
• Chartered manager, Canadian Institute of Management (2007–present)
• Member, Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen (2006–present)
• Member, Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administration (1997–present)
• Member, APEGBC (1996–present)
• Member, Law Society of Alberta (1989–present)
• Member, APEGA (1984–present)
➢ Investigative committee (2013–present)
➢ APEGA/ASET, Joint investigative committee (2013–present)
➢ Legislative review, champions collaborative (2014–present)
➢ Calgary branch members’ liaison committee (1990–1993)
• Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers (1982–present)